The Ultimate playlist of Songs to Listen to When You’re Feeling Down and Depressed
Everyone should have their go-to playlist for when they are feeling down and depressed.
Do you have a Playlist?
One of my favorite things to do is blast the stereo with all the windows rolled down while singing at the top of my lungs driving down the highway! There’s something therapeutic about it.
In college, my sister and I often jammed out to “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction while driving around our college town.
Do you have a “feel good” playlist? If you don’t, you should! Music moves the soul or as Plato says
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind,
flight to the imagination and life to everything”
A song can take me from “Mr. Grumpy Gills” to “Olaf on a sunny day” in no time.
Sometimes, as a mom, I forget that I used to dance around the house singing and dancing.
Sometimes I get so caught up in the schedule of the day to day that I forget to just let it go! Remember to just…let it go!
I have complied my ultimate list of songs to listen to when you’re feeling down, depressed, unmotivated, upset, ungrateful, or frustrated.
I created this list because all of these songs have moved me, motivated me, or inspired me sometime in my life. I’m listening to it as I write this post and feel as though I can take on the world!
Every time I have a newborn, I get postpartum depression.
Just staying at home all day by myself can be lonely and sad.
Music often uplifted me and helps me stay out of my depression funk. It’s great to have a go-to list for such occasions.
This is also a great list to dance around the living room with your children!
The Ultimate List of Songs to Listen to When You’re Feeling Depressed
- Free to Be Me by Francesca Battistelli
- Can’t Stop the Feeling by Justin Timberlake
- Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band
- It’s A Great Day to Be Alive by Travis Tritt
- I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me
- If You’re Going Through Hell by Rodney Atkins
- Champion by Carrie Underwood
- Thunder by Imagine Dragons
- Good Life OneRepublic
- It’s a Beautiful Day by Michael Buble
- The Climb by Miley Cyrus
- On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons
- Defying Gravity by Idina Menzel
- Get Back Up Again From Trolls
- Something Like This by The Chainsmokers
- Life’s A Dance by John Michael Montgomery
- Grace by Laura Story
- Happily Ever After By Jordan Fisher & Angie Keilhauer
- I Can Go the Distance By Disney Hercules
- This is Me by The Greatest Showman
- Me Too by Meghan Trainer
- Brave by Sara Bareilles
- Fight Song by Rachel Platten
- Stand By You by Rachel Platten
- Stand by Rascal Flatts
- Granted by Josh Groban
- Life Changes by Thomas Rhett
- Symphony by Switch
- Roar by Katy Perry
- Broken and Beautiful by Kelly Clarkson
- Couldn’t Be Better by Ugly Dolls
- Unbreakable by Kelly Clarkson and Janelle Monae
- Try Everything by Shakira from Zootopia
If you want to listen to this Playlist You can see it on my YouTube Channel Playlist Here.
What to do with this list?
- Use it as a guideline to brainstorm and make your own list
- Listen to it WHENEVER you are feeling down. It’s one of the easiest and fastest ways to be put in a better mood.
- Make it a “Wake Up” list and incorporate it into your morning routine.
o Set it as your alarm clock
o Listen to it while you get dressed in the morning
o If you’re super fancy, ask Siri or Alexa to play it for you.
- It makes a great workout playlist.
- Jam out to it in your car on the way to work, school, or somewhere that might give you anxiety.
- Use it as your “pump you up” list before you start a task such as cleaning your house (a daunting task indeed)
- Jam out to it in the shower
If you haven’t ever rolled on the windows down and jammed out to a song down the highway, I strongly encourage you to try it! Especially if you’re depressed or feeling down. You HAVE to have it loud and sing at the top of your lungs! It gets all the feels out!
Another good way to put yourself in a better mood is to decompress. Check out my FREE decompress worksheet in my freebies.
What songs would you add to this list? I’d love to add it to mine!
Related: How to get Rid of Mom Guilt